When your readers or viewers get to the end of your report, webinar, video, blog post, or other free content, you don’t want to them to close it and forget about it.
When that happens, you don’t get to pass “Go” and collect the $200.00.
Sidebar: If you don’t get that Monopoly board game reference, you need to step away from the computer for a while and get a life. 🙂
But, seriously, you want them to take some sort of action. This action could be anything from applying what they just learned to purchasing a related product.
Here’s the thing … it’s not enough to just hope they’ll take action. Many of them won’t. Heck, most won’t. How can they if they don’t know what action there is to take? Why will they if there isn’t a compelling reason to do so?
These are honest questions that you need to evaluate if you’re going to see results. You need to…
- CHOOSE what action you WANT them to take.
- CREATE content that LEADS them to take action.
- CONCLUDE by VERBALIZING the action step.
What I want to share with you THIS ARTICLE is verbalizing the action step. Here are five popular calls to action, along with how to put them to work inside your free content…
1. Calling People to Apply What They Learned
When people get done reading or viewing your content, you want them to take action on what they just learned. That’s because people who take action usually get good results. In turn, this creates satisfied viewers and readers who’re more likely to tell their friends about your content and purchase your paid products.
- Your next step is simple: apply what you just learned about how to write a great sales letter! Start with Step 1 right now. Because the sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll start enjoying higher conversion rates and more sales notifications in your inbox!
- So now that you know the very best way to lose 10 pounds, it’s time to get started. Don’t wait until tomorrow, or next week, or next month. Today is the best day to get started transforming yourself into the best possible version of you!
2. Directing People to “Part 2” of the Content
Another good way to get people to take action is by telling them to read or watch “Part 2” of the blog post, webinar, video, or report they just finished viewing.
- Now that you know how to remove and clean the carburetor from your classic Mustang, your next step is to tune it. Click here to find out how inside Part 2 of this exciting video series.
- Half the battle in losing weight is to get your nutrition in order, which is what you just discovered how to do. Click here to discover the second part of this equation – you might be surprised!
Ultimately, you want to increase your website “stickiness”. That is, you want your visitors to stay around longer. You want them to be like a house guest who never wants to leave. 🙂
This is a good thing. The longer someone stays at your website looking around and reading and watching and printing out and so forth … the better.
Why? Because they get to “know, like, and trust” you through extended time with your content. Because they find additional benefit in consuming additional resources you have made available. Because (if you’re content converts) they become “warmer” as your free stuff presells an offer. Because there is an increased likelihood they will buy something.
The longer they stay, the better.
So, don’t think your “call to action” always has to be to get an order. It can be to connect the visitor with another piece of content.
Sidebar: An easy illustration of this is “related blog posts.” Click the Produce Orders tab on the right of this page for an example.
Of course, sometimes it IS about getting them to BUY something…
3. Recommending Prospects Purchase a Related Product
Perhaps your free content was “useful yet incomplete” with the intention of leading prospects to purchase a paid product. Here’s what your call to action might look like:
- Get over 200 delicious recipes inside this new weight loss cookbook. You won’t believe how much taste you get for so few calories! Click here to get yours now – and hurry to grab this cookbook at half off while supplies last!
- What do the golfing pros do when they want to add 25 yards to their drives? Discover their secrets by clicking here… and be prepared to be shocked!
You can also use “johnson boxes” (like the grey box below this article) and “banner / button ads” that are relevant to the content you are sharing as “indirect” calls to action.
These can be strategically placed before, during, or after the content itself.
Here’s another call to action you might use…
4. Turning Prospects Into Subscribers
Another great use of your call to action is to send readers and viewers to a lead page to join your mailing list.
- Do you want more great ideas for boosting your home’s value? Click here to get the free report!
- You just got a great overview of how to use kettle bell training to lose weight. Now you too can use a free workout video to melt the pounds. Click here to get yours now!
Why? Because then you get to FOLLOW-UP with them. Is that a good thing? Of course! Follow-up gets you on around the Monopoly board closer to “Go” and the $200. 🙂
Here’s the ultimate idea: Use your content to get people on a list and then use your mailings to incorporate ALL of these calls to action over time!
Here’s one final method…
5. Getting Readers to Share With Others
If you’re posting viral content, then you’ll want to drop a call to action which encourages viewers and readers to share the content with others.
- Your friends will love this just as much as you did. Click here to share it with them now!
- Want to give your friends a good laugh? Click here to share this video—they’ll thank you for it!
Sometimes all it takes is telling people to share and they will do just that. Make it easy for them to do so (by simply clicking on a link) and TELL THEM to do it.
Now let’s wrap things up…
So here’s the bottom line: Don’t let your readers or viewers off the hook by letting them simply walk away from your content. Instead, call them to action. Encourage them to use what they just learned, share the content with others, buy a related product, join your mailing list, or read “Part 2” of the content.
All you have to do to get started is to use one of the five calls to action you just discovered above. So go ahead and insert one of them into your next content piece, and then watch your business grow!
See how that works? 🙂
Of course, what I just said in the previous paragraph doesn’t get ME towards “Go” and the $200. 🙂
So, let me try this instead: Obviously, you want to “get results” for your business. That’s the entire purpose of calls to action. Ultimately, you want to make money or you wouldn’t be in business.
I can help you with that.
When you join ‘Serious About Six Figures’, you’ll get immediate access to several different training modules to help you increase the amount of money you can make online. Lots and lots of going past “Go”. 🙂 Two of my favorites are…
- Passive Profit Made Simple: Set It And Forget It Money-Making
- A Simple Strategy I Use To Make $10,000-$25,000 In 2 Weeks Or Less
These are two of my favorite modules because they teach a couple of my favorite methods of making money in my own business. I love “passive” income … just setting some things in place and watching sales trickle in day after day. And I also love making huge chunks of cash all at once. (Honestly, who doesn’t?)
These two modules show you how I do both and give you ideas for implementing both into your own business.
Trickles of passive income day after day.
Bursts of aggressive income from time to time.
And that’s just the begining! There are fifty other modules included too!
Click Here to get all the details about the ‘Serious About Six Figures’ training program.