In 2021, Facebook rebranded to Meta, which now acts as Facebook’s parent company and oversees Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger. These four apps are known as Meta’s Family of Apps.
How are Facebook and Meta doing? Here’s some insight into what the company is earning and who is using the platform.
- Meta’s total revenue is $117.9 billion
- Meta’s revenue has increased by 3086% since 2011
- In Q4 2021, $15 billion of Meta’s ad revenue came from the US and Canada
- 82 billion people log into Meta’s Family of Apps daily
- Asia-Pacific has the highest number of Facebook daily active users (DAUs)
- The worldwide average revenue per user on Facebook is $11.57
- If you’re using Facebook, you’re more than likely to use the other apps in Meta’s Family.
- 7% of Facebook users also use YouTube
- 2% of Facebook users also use WhatsApp
- 1% of Facebook users also use Instagram
- Facebook users are least likely to also use TikTok and Snapchat, two platforms that generally attract a younger audience.
- Facebook is the most popular social media network for men and women aged 35-44
- Facebook is least popular with women aged 16-24, with only 7.3% of women surveyed listing the social media platform as their favorite.
- 6% of Facebook’s ad audience are men
- 70% of US adults use Facebook
- 49% of Americans say that they visit the social media platform several times a day
- Facebook usage is an even split between Democrats and Republicans
- Men aged 25-34 hold the biggest share of advertising reach on Facebook
- India is the country with the most extensive advertising reach
- The Facebook app was downloaded 47 million times in America throughout 2021
- Over 1 billion people use Facebook Marketplace
- There are over 250 million stores on Facebook Shops
- Facebook removed 6.5 billion fake accounts in 2021
Facebook reports that bullying and harassment on the platform are in decline