In the midst of all the dire news, perhaps it’s time for a positive reality check:
- Most people still have jobs and an income. Even during the great depression, the vast majority of people were employed.
- An economic crash doesn’t destroy wealth, it merely transfers it. The money still there, although you might need a new method to get it.
- People are still spending money and always will.
- Regardless of what happens – good or bad – some industries will prosper and some won’t. This has always been true and always will be true.
- Economic downturns are almost always shorter than periods of growth. What you do now sets you up for the next growth period.
- Some of the most brilliant minds around the world are united in working tirelessly on treatments and vaccines for the virus.
- Whatever it takes, we will get through this. Humans have been through tens and likely hundreds of pandemics before, and never before did we have the resources we have now.
Being curled into a ball of fear won’t improve the pandemic. Neither will choosing to be positive and working on your business. But the second option will improve your income.